Many people predicted that the business of courier delivery would not survive in the digital era. However, Courier services are used domestically and internationally now. This trend is promising despite the rising usage of email, instant messaging applications, and social media platforms,
On the other hand, the global courier delivery market covering Express delivery and Parcel Pickup and Drop services is all set to surpass a whopping $400 billion by 2024 with a growth rate of 8-10% every year. Additionally, the major factors contributing to its high growth are better Internet access, e-commerce platforms, the scope of international trade, smartphone usage, and a rise in disposable income.
Various business models in an on-demand courier delivery app
Business to Consumer (B2C) – It is the most common type of business model. User-friendly courier delivery apps ensure round-the-clock fulfillment of parcels to customers across different locations.
Business to Business (B2B) – Also referred to as Enterprise to Enterprise, it is typically utilized to transport documents, equipment, reports, and raw materials from one place to another. For example, manufacturing companies use On-demand courier delivery apps for kickstarting their production activities in their factories and plants.
Consumer to Consumer (C2C) – We have many peer-to-peer (P2P) trading platforms where many goods can be bought and sold. Without a doubt, the customers have to arrange for the courier delivery by themselves.
Why is an Uber for courier app a viable business idea for entrepreneurs?
- The need for efficient last-mile delivery – has led to the rising need for Courier service apps among businesses and customers. Multiple pick-up points along the route ensure the timely delivery of parcels.
- The entrepreneurs can reduce their operational costs significantly – by utilizing advanced technologies like autonomous vehicles, drones, and robots for courier delivery.
- Real-time supply chain management – and live monitoring of inventory and fleet will help entrepreneurs track parcels 24×7.
- The growth of parcel services has been boosted due to – Free trade agreements (FTAs) signed between various countries and the development of special economic zones (SEZ) in different economies.
- Over the next five years, the Asia-Pacific region will witness – massive progress in courier delivery services due to huge investments made in micro fulfillment centers (MFCs) and smart warehouses.
- The entrepreneur can earn plenty of revenue – from subscription plans and publishing targeted advertisements, commission from courier delivery personnel, booking cancellation charges, and transaction processing fees from an Uber for courier app solution.
Why would courier service apps always be in high demand?
- The tremendous growth in the on-demand economy has prompted customers to want same-day delivery of parcels. Regional courier delivery companies fulfill orders round-the-clock through real-time freight handling.
- More infrastructure development through the construction of airports and ports has led to a huge rise in the demand for international courier delivery services.
- Deliveries are available for beverages, cosmetics, electronics, groceries, food items, flowers, medicines.
- Safety measures like RFID-tagged couriers and CCTV cameras in logistics hubs prevent thefts. This boosts the trust of users.
- Crowdsourced courier delivery is a new trend where any delivery executive can sign up to complete a task. Consequently, it provides entrepreneurs with merits such as flexibility in supply chain management and lower investments.
How does an Uber for courier delivery app work?
- The customer registers on the on-demand courier delivery apps – by submitting the required information.
- They view information like – the available parcel delivery services and prices.
- The user chooses a particular courier service – and adds important information like the type of products to be delivered, pick-up, delivery destination, and deadline for delivery.
- The admin shares the courier booking request – to the nearest courier delivery personnel.
- The delivery executive arrives – at the customers’ location immediately by utilizing the route optimization option in the Uber-like app for couriers.
- The courier is picked up – and kept securely in a suitable mode of transport.
- The customer can make the required payment – online or through cash.
- The user can continuously track – the movement of their courier till it reaches the destination.
- An alert is sent to the customers – after the courier has been delivered successfully to the right person in the correct location.
- The customers can rate the quality – of the courier delivery services and the professionalism of the delivery personnel on a scale of 1-5.
The detailed procedure to follow for building an on-demand courier delivery app
- Recognizing the business goals and operational scope of the client firm.
- Conducting extensive research on similar courier delivery apps in the industry.
- Preparing a list containing all the features for customers, delivery executives, and the admin.
- Developing the prototype of the Uber-like app for courier delivery consisting of the basic functionalities.
- Analyzing the efficiency of the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) through pilot testing in controlled conditions.
- Kickstarting front-end and back-end development of the On-demand courier delivery app.
- Rigorously testing the final version of the solution to eliminate technical bugs and glitches.
- Launching the Uber for courier delivery app solution officially in the market for accepting parcel bookings.
- Promoting the benefits of the on-demand courier delivery app across online forums and social media platforms to get more business traction.
What are the various functions available in an Uber-like app for courier delivery?
A friendly user interface – suitable for all people irrespective of their age group and economic status.
Live tracking of couriers – by the customers through the GPS. Additionally, they can closely watch the movement of their parcels till the delivery by the executives.
An advanced search and filter option – for the users to choose the correct courier delivery service based on availability, location, price, and rating of the parcel delivery executive.
An integrated referral program – where existing customers get points and rewards for referring the courier service app to new users.
The presence of attractive deals and offers – Tailor-made coupons and discounts are present for the customers to reduce their total bill. Besides, this motivates them to utilize the Uber for courier delivery app solution regularly.
Flexible scheduling of bookings – The users must be allowed to book courier delivery services several days and months beforehand. Further, it adds a lot of certainty and peace for them.
Acceptance of multiple payment methods – Customers can easily pay for their courier services availed of through debit cards, credit cards, cash, e-wallets, net banking, and wire transfers. Similarly, users can utilize Apple Pay, Google Pay, and PayPal.
Key features of the Uber for Courier app for Customers
A social media signup option – Lengthy onboarding of new users is avoided by allowing them to register by submitting their social media account details (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter).
Flexibility in booking courier services – The customers can easily place courier bookings by listing their date and time for pick-up of the products, location, and choice of delivery time. Furthermore, they can cancel their courier bookings anytime without paying any extra charges.
Instant sharing of digital receipts – Cumbersome paperwork is eliminated by sending e-receipts to users via email and WhatsApp. Correspondingly, it contains all details of their bookings like date and time, type of service, nature of goods, and total bill amount (including taxes).
Real-time updates – After all, prompt push notifications should be sent to the devices of customers related to booking status, location of the courier delivery personnel, and promotional offers.
An integrated feedback system – The users must be allowed to publish their opinions and views about the quality of the courier delivery services and the behavior of the delivery executives. As a result, it ensures more transparency and accountability in the on-demand courier delivery app.
The numerous options available for the delivery personnel in the Uber for courier delivery app solution
Easy editing of profile information – The courier delivery executives must be able to edit their details like qualification, work experience, photos, and services offered anytime on the Uber for courier app.
Availability toggle – At this time, the delivery personnel can switch on or off their availability toggle according to their convenience. Identically, they can state an appropriate reason if they are not able to fulfill a delivery request.
Access to earnings reports – The delivery executives must be provided comprehensive earnings reports (monthly or quarterly). Nevertheless, it contains information about their average commission, bonuses, and tips earned over a period.
A withdrawal option – The delivery personnel should be allowed to withdraw their earnings from the Courier service app. Subsequently, they get the required money by linking their bank accounts and digital wallets.
Details about delivery history – The courier delivery executives can refer to their previous courier deliveries anytime for reference in the future.
The crucial role played by the admin in the On-demand courier delivery app
Allocate courier booking requests – Initially, the admin assigns courier delivery tasks to the executives based on their availability and location. Obviously, automatic generation of orders helps the admin to save money and time, resulting in greater operational efficiency.
Resolve complaints from customers – Undoubtedly, they actively respond to the feedback and grievances given by the users by taking appropriate action to prevent the repetition of the same mistakes or errors.
View analytical reports – Besides, the admin of the Uber-like app for courier delivery assesses insightful data about business performance like revenue, cash flow, costs, profits, the average number of courier bookings in a month or year, and overall customer rating.
Monitor the effectiveness of promotional campaigns – The admin is responsible for implementing marketing campaigns across different communication channels. Unquestionably, they continuously track the number of clicks, conversions, impressions, likes, leads, and shares for all the posts and videos.
Information management – The admin shares details of loyalty programs and offers. They also have the power to remove the profiles of fraudulent customers and dubious delivery executives from the Uber for courier delivery app solution.
Efficient payment management – In reality, the admin ensures timely distribution of commission and bonus to the courier delivery personnel. They credit the required amount to their bank accounts and e-wallets. Moreover, they can also view transaction history and check details of pending payments.
What is the tech stack for Uber for courier app development?
- Robust database management through tools like Apache, MongoDB, and MySQL.
- Timely sharing of SMS notifications via Twilio.
- Efficient management of the back-end with technologies such as PHP and Python.
- Secure backup of all data by using Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud.
- Third-party API integration for email marketing, monitoring social media activity, payment processing, sharing notifications, and location discovery.
How can entrepreneurs launch their courier delivery business with resounding success?
- They can start their Courier service app initially in a few cities covering some regions. Then, based on the initial response from customers, they can expand their c delivery business throughout the country or go global.
- Aggressively promote the benefits of the Uber for courier delivery app solution to get a positive buzz in the market. Tactics like influencer marketing, organizing business events, publishing press releases, and search engine optimization (SEO) must be implemented.
- Reward regular customers with a lucrative loyalty program. They can be distributed gifts, given free courier deliveries, and prizes to encourage them to use the Uber-like app for courier frequently.
- Undertake in-depth verification of the background of the courier delivery executives to ensure a high level of safety.
- Offer attractive incentives to the delivery personnel and other staff to retain them as employees for a long time.
- Particularly, monitor core metrics like average time taken for delivering a courier, daily active users, and monthly active users. Analyze the financial details such as the cost per conversion (CPC) and Return on Investment (ROI).
What is the total budget to develop the Uber for courier delivery app solution?
- The time taken for development can range from a few weeks to some months.
- The type of tech stack utilized for front-end and back-end development.
- The level of customization required by the business firm. It would need to display its brand name, color theme, and logo.
- The extent of cross-platform compatibility (Android, iOS, and Web).
- The complexity of features (basic and advanced) incorporated in the Courier service app.
- The hourly rate levied by the developers based on their location and market conditions. The developer team includes business analysts, finance managers, marketing specialists, mobile app developers, QA testers, technical support staff, and UI/UX designers.
- Additional services like bug-fixing, the issue of software upgrades, maintenance, and technical support.
The promising business of courier delivery will break new records in the future. Entrepreneurs can take their business to the next level by introducing state-of-the-art driverless vehicles and integrating Artificial intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) in their day-to-day business operations.
Finally, they will aim to reduce delivery time through intelligent route planning and the usage of data analytics. Entrepreneurs will have to undoubtedly adapt to changing customer behavior and make suitable changes to their functioning. Above all, this will make their on-demand courier delivery a huge success in the market.